From the days when Mr. Rajendra K. Somany established Hindustan Twyfords in 1960 in collaboration with Twyfords Ltd., UK, with a vision to provide the best sanitation to the whole nation, HSIL today has come a long way. And in the process, the company has not only crossed several milestones, but as a pioneer, it has also created many a benchmarks for the industry to adhere to. It has been quite a remarkable journey. A journey that saw India shifting from nimble earthenware sanitary products to the more robust, hygienic and sophisticated vitreous china ceramic. A journey that witnessed product innovations, market dominance and diversification into other business segments like container glass and home retail. Today, HSIL's brand portfolio comprises of many enviable brands like Hindware, Benelave, Queo, Evok Home Retail Solution and AGI Glasspac.
Over the years, HSIL has grown on to become a brand that enjoys high levels of trust and respect from consumers and peers alike. That's because, at the core of HSIL's operations lies customer satisfaction, product innovation and stringent quality control. Its wide network of dealers and an even bigger number of satisfied customers are testimonial to the customer-centric approach of HSIL.
Our institutional partners include the respectable business houses of India – DLF, The Taj Hotels, GMR, Unitech, ITC Hotels, Mahindra, Infosys, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Hindustan Unilever, Peron Ricard, Pfizer, Sab Miller, Dabur, Nestle, to name a few. This validation from the cream of India Inc. extends the confidence and conviction in our values and vision.
While HSIL continues to strengthen its foothold in the Indian market with its innovative and trust-worthy sanitaryware and bath fittings, its Building Products Division and the Container Glass Division have been foraying into the international arena and have tasted a good measure of success. HSIL is recognized among the top 300 companies in India, while rated amongst the best 100 small and medium sized companies in the world by the Forbes Magazine
In fact, HSIL is the first company in the Building Materials Industry to be awarded the prestigious ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certificate, awarding effective quality management and environment systems. It was also the first company to receive the ISI License in the country, back in 1962.
What makes HSIL stand apart from other big conglomerates lies not just in its capacity to innovate, but in its ability to take those innovations to the end consumers in the manner in which they would want to have it. That's the reason why, HSIL today boasts of many other sub-brands that cater to different segments and fabrics of the society based on style, need, technology, simplicity, etc. One such young branch out of HSIL is Benelave.
Mr. R.K. Somany, the man behind this enterprise, ably spearheaded by his son, Mr. Sandip Somany, was a visionary who brought about a sea change in field of sanitation in India. Together, their experience and grit has made HSIL a one of the most trusted and admired names in the building products industry.
R. K. Somany
Chairman & Managing Director
- Commerce graduate from St. Xavier's College, Calcutta University
- Provides the strategic direction and vision to the Company
- Extensive 59 years of work experience
- Active member of Rotary for past 52 years
- Executive Committee member of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
- Chairman of Indian Plumbing Skills Council (IPSC)
- Presented with 'Lifetime Achievement' award by Washroom & Beyond, reputed trade magazine
- Presented with 'Lifetime Achievement' award by India Plumbing Association (IPA)
- 'World Leader Businessperson' recognition by the World Confederation of Business
- Assisted the Bureau of Indian Standards to develop quality standards for the Sanitaryware Industry & instrumental in aligning the Indian Standards with European counterparts
- Former Chairman of Council of Indian Employers
- Former President of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) and PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) and Employers' Federation of India
- Founder President of Bahadurgarh Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- His expertise has won him the fellowship of Institute of Ceramics, U.K. and life fellowship of All India Management Association
- He is also the Emeritus Member of the American Ceramic Society, Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute of UK (FCMI) and Member of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, UK (IOM³)
Joint Managing Director
- Commerce graduate and a diploma holder in Ceramic Manufacturing Technology from the US
- A 29-year work experience in the ceramics and glass industry
- Former President of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI)
- Chairman of the Indian Council of Sanitaryware Manufacturers (INCOSAMA)
- Member of the Executive Committee of FICCI and Member of Managing Committee of ASSOCHAM
- Vice President of International Chamber of Commerce - India Chapter
- Member of the Governing Council of All India Glass Manufacturer's Association 2
To enrich quality of people’s lives by ensuring that they live in a clean, hygienic and healthy environment.
To co-create a world, with courage, integrity and inspiration, where each of us can live a better, cleaner, nourishing life.
- Enable people to perform and succeed beyond their capabilities.
- Pursue growth and learning.
- Build open and honest relationship with the customers.
- Give critical attention to eco-friendly ideas, products and initiatives.
Commitment to Sustainability
Is it possible to experience a beautiful bathroom that is environment friendly?
The answer is yes. With Benelave sustainability is a way of life. We understand that the choices we make today have a direct impact on the future. We believe that the depletion of natural resources consumed by us today must be refurbished to the environment, so that our presence will not be detrimental to future life. Therefore, it has been our constant endeavor to ensure that we strive for a clean and green environment. In an effort to give back and lighten our water footprint, we offer an inspiring range of water saving products, absolutely premium in design and cutting edge in functionality.
The sustainability of a product is not a matter of chance; rather it is decided well in advance, at the time of product development. With Benelave Bathrooms, you don't need to compromise on design and quality to be ecofriendly. With our innovative thinking and clever technology, it is now possible to create and enjoy a beautiful bathroom while caring for the environment.
Check out our range of smart and elegantly designed water saving sanitaryware, faucets and showers.
Dual Flush Toilet
A dual-flush toilet is a variation of the traditional single flush that uses two buttons or handles to flush different levels of water. It outputs water in both 3 litre (0.8-gallon) and 6 litre (1.6-gallon) capacities. The smaller level is designed for liquid waste, and the larger is designed for solid waste. It also uses a larger 4-inch (10 cm) trap way in the bowl, allowing for water to come out faster and clear the bowl efficiently. Benelave's dual flushing mechanism with 3 or 6 litres flush option reduces water consumption by up to 67% in regular home usage.
Meet the faucet that will sense your presence. Benelave sensor faucets are designed to meet your needs of hygiene, touch-free activation and automated controls. Its electronic tap gets activated at the sense of a user and shuts off after a minute. This makes it more water saving than conventional ones.
Delayed Action Faucets
A minimalistic chrome finish design teams ups with innovative water saving technique to ensure minimal wastage in the delayed action faucets from Benelave. With its controlled valve feature, this faucet provides a measured amount of water when you press it. After a pre-set time the valve self-releases to stop the water flow. It's just the solution you need when water conservation is at the top of your mind.
Air Mixing Technology
Benelave's air mixing showers are based on aerator technology. Their 16 square inch area ensures a luxurious rain like water fall which when intelligently mixed with air not only reduces the water consumption but also gives a soft voluminous sensation to the water. This shower head uses --- times less water than the regular 16 square inch showers.
Dual Flush Concealed Cistern
Invisible yet beautiful and eco-friendly. Benelave's dual flushing concealed cistern mechanism with 3 or 6 litres flush option reduces water consumption by up to 67% in regular home usage while you bathroom still adorns a modern minimalistic look due to this invisible cistern. It outputs water in both 3 litre (0.8-gallon) and 6 litre (1.6-gallon) capacities. The smaller level is designed for liquid waste, and the larger is designed for solid waste.